SCS Drop-Off & Pickup
Regular Schedule: Classes begin at 8:30 AM and dismiss at 3:30 PM
DROP-OFF & PICKUP ENTRANCES
In pursuit of safer and more efficient school drop-off and pickup, SCS asks students in Grade K-4 to use the School Entrance and Grades 5-8 to use the West Side Main Entrance for daily Drop-Off and Pickup. Families with students in both the K-4 and the 5-8 groups should use the School Entrance for the safety of our younger students.
Here’s the schedule and corresponding doors to use:
- 7:00 to 8:00 am – Before School Program = WS South Entrance ONLY (the WS Main Entrance will be locked)
- 8:00 to 8:30 am – Drop-Off = The School Entrance (Grades K-4) or the WS Main Entrance (Grades 5-8)
- After 8:30 am – During the school day = School Entrance to SCS Office ONLY
- 3:30 pm – Pickup = The School Entrance (Grades K-4) or the WS Main Entrance (Grades 5-8)
- 3:45 to 5:30 pm – After School Program = School Entrance ONLY
DROP-OFF: 8-8:30 am
Grades K-4 will use the School Entrance, and Grades 5-8 will use the WS Main Entrance. ALL Drop-Off traffic must access the Drop-Off Area for their entrance at the start of the line as depicted on the Drop-Off Map.
- You will pull to the farthest edge of the Drop-Off Zone; and have your student(s) quickly exit the vehicle.
- We want a 10-second Drop-Off, so please have them ready to exit the vehicle by the time you’re in the Drop-Off line.
- Please do not exit the vehicle to assist your student. If they need extra assistance, you may park in a parking spot outside the Drop-Off area.
- Also, you should NOT drive past or move any cones or barriers. Please always exit this area through the designated path.
As always, please drive carefully and help us make sure everyone is safe on campus.
PARK & WALK (to Entry Door)
ALL parents-guardians wishing to park and walk their students to the WS Main Entrance or the School Entrance must drive to the west side of the building through the parking lot and access the Park & Walk Area located near their assigned entry door.
- Please accompany your child while walking through the parking lot to ensure their safety.
- At no time should you drive past or move any cones or barriers.
- You may only enter and exit this area through the second entrance on Cider Mill Lane or from Westbrook Dr.
As always, please drive carefully and make sure everyone on the property is safe.
Before School Program Drop-Off: 7-8 am
Students attending the Before School Program will enter at the South Entrance for check-in (it's purple on the map - the circle drive on the other side of the New Worship Center and across from the SCS Baseball Field). Parents will walk their students in for check-in at the Cafeteria.
Other Drop-Off Notes:
- Please share this information with others! If you have friends or family that help with Morning Drop-Off, please make sure they know about these procedures!
- At no point should anyone park in the area used for Drop-Off at the school Entrance or the WS Main Entrance. If you need to park, please follow the procedures above for Park & Walk.
- If you need to visit SCS during the day, please park in the SCS Visitor Parking on the north side of campus (across from the first Cider Mill entrance and the Playground). You may then walk to the School Entrance.
Please locate the pick-up parking area for your family’s grade level and park there. You will walk to the pickup area. For K-4, teachers must know the parent is present before releasing the student. Once you’ve picked up your student, you’re free to exit campus safely. Please use caution, paying extra attention to other families and vehicles in the area.
Families using the School Entrance will park in the School Entrance Pickup Parking Area (purple on the map).
Families using the WS Main Entrance will park in the Main Entrance Pickup Parking Area (yellow on the map).
- Students will be in a designated section by grade, using the sidewalk or coned areas.
- After School Program Pickup will occur at the SCS Office. Park in the School Entrance Parking Area and walk to the School Entrance.
Accessing the SCS Office: If you need to visit the SCS Office, park in the SCS Visitor Parking area on the above maps and walk to the School Entrance. You’ll use the security intercom, and someone from the SCS Office will “buzz” you in.
We need everyone in the SCS Family to understand and embrace our procedures. You’re helping us operate safely and efficiently, so thanks in advance for your flexibility and cooperation!