SCS Drop-Off & Pickup
We’ll have plenty of signs to assist you, but please review the map and directions below:
DROP-OFF & PICKUP ENTRANCES
In pursuit of safer and more efficient school drop-off and pickup, SCS asks students in Grade K-4 to use the School Entrance and Grades 5-8 to use the West Side Main Entrance for daily Drop-Off and Pickup. Families with students in both the K-4 and the 5-8 groups should use the School Entrance for the safety of our younger students.
Here’s the schedule and corresponding doors to use:
- 7:00 to 8:00 am – Before School Program = WS Main Entrance ONLY
- 8:00 to 8:30 am – Drop-Off = The School Entrance (Grades K-4) or the WS Main Entrance (Grades 5-8)
- After 8:30 am – During the school day = School Entrance to SCS Office ONLY
- 3:30 pm – Pickup = The School Entrance (Grades K-4) or the WS Main Entrance (Grades 5-8)
- 3:45 to 5:30 pm – After School Program = School Entrance ONLY
DROP-OFF: 8-8:30 am
Grades K-4 will use the School Entrance, and Grades 5-8 will use the WS Main Entrance. ALL Drop-Off traffic must access the Drop-Off Area for their entrance at the start of the line as depicted on the Drop-Off Map.
- You will pull to the farthest edge of the Drop-Off Zone, have your student(s) quickly exit the vehicle.
- We want a 10-second Drop-Off, so please have them ready to exit the vehicle by the time you’re in the Drop-Off line.
- Please do not exit the vehicle to assist your student. If they need extra assistance, you may park in a parking spot outside the Drop-Off area.
- Also, you should NOT drive past or move any cones. Please always exit this area through the designated path.
As always, please drive carefully and help us make sure everyone is safe on campus.
PARK & WALK (to Entry Door)
ALL parents-guardians wishing to park and walk their students to the WS Main Entrance or the School Entrance must drive to the west side of the building through the parking lot and access the Park & Walk Area located near their assigned entry door.
- Please accompany your child while walking through the parking lot to ensure their safety.
- At no time should you drive past or move any cones.
- You may only enter and exit this area through the secondary Cider Mill Lane entrance or the Westbrook Dr. entrance.
As always, please drive carefully and make sure everyone on the property is safe.
Note: While operating under additional health and safety restrictions, SCS is not allowing parent-guardians to enter the building during Drop-Off and Pickup. It’s possible that after we are further into the school year, we’ll revisit this issue and look for ways to accommodate additional parent-guardian entry safely.
Before School Program Drop-Off: 7-8 am
You will drop off your student at the WS Main Entrance on the west side of the building (purple on the map).
Other Drop-Off Notes:
- Please share this information with others! If you have friends or family that help with Morning Drop-Off, please make sure they know about these procedures!
- At no point should anyone park in the area used for Drop-Off. If you need to park, please follow the procedures above for Park & Walk.
- If you need to visit SCS during the day, please park in the SCS Visitor Parking on the north side of campus (across from the first Cider Mill entrance from the playground). You may then walk to the School Entrance.
Please locate the pick-up parking area for your family’s grade level and park there. You will walk to the pickup area. For K-4, teachers must know the parent is present before releasing the student. Once you’ve picked up your student, you’re free to exit campus safely. Please use caution, paying extra attention to other families and vehicles in the area.
Families using the School Entrance will park in the School Entrance Pickup Parking Area (purple on the map).
Families using the WS Main Entrance will park in the Main Entrance Pickup Parking Area (yellow on the map).
- Students will be in a designated section by grade, using the sidewalk or coned areas.
- After School Program Pickup will occur at the SCS Office. Park in the School Entrance Parking Area and walk to the School Entrance.
Accessing the SCS Office: If you need to visit the SCS Office, park in the SCS Visitor Parking area on the above maps and walk to the School Entrance. You’ll use the security intercom, and someone from the SCS Office will “buzz” you in.
We need everyone in the SCS Family to understand and embrace our procedures. You’re helping us operate safely and efficiently during this season of construction and change, so thanks in advance for your flexibility and cooperation!